Sunday, December 03, 2006

transitions.

things are changing ever so subtly. i'm starting to feel comfortable here in hiroshima. going downtown i don't get lost, i know where the things are that i need. i feel confident enough to find the things that are new and i've heard about, that i want to see. beyond that i feel at ease. i am to the point where i know how things work and i'm in my routine. i applied to go to japan because it was the thing that was in my plan. once i got admitted i saw it as an opportunity to figure myself out and be single and solidify the person that i want to be; to be away from everything that makes my life easy and feel safe. now i am feeling safe here but i am also feeling that i am able to do the things that i wanted to do here. i am happy that i am not going home for christmas because i need to miss at least one in my life, and because not making that trip it is easier for me to reaffirm my pseudo decision to only stay here for a year. as much as i am feeling more comfortable here, and thereby more distant from everything back home, i really know that everything will be that much better when i finally am home.

No comments: