Tuesday, June 19, 2007

pizza pixy.

i keep smelling papa murphy's pizza; which is insane. not only am i thousands of miles from the nearest establishment, i am thousands of miles from actually delicious pizza. this leaves me to include one of two things. one, there is pizza pixy playing nose tricks on me. two, i can almost taste 'home' and it's reached my nose.

for the major part of my life i had papa murphy's (originally papa aldo's) every saturday night, with my family, while we watched star trek or, later, a movie. in college that waned. in japan it disappeared, obviously. so, smelling papa murphy's everywhere i turn is like torture. it's still too far away to actually say, 'i can't wait till i can have that pizza!', but it's too close to not imagine making that statement. what's silliest of all is the fact that as that time nears, i know i will be saying, 'fuck papa murphy's! i don't wanna leave!'. even now, those words are on the tip of my tongue, right after, 'what is that smell? pizza?'.

No comments: