Saturday, April 07, 2007

today, japan rocks.

the last month i spent with my family, which was great-don't get me wrong-but today, it was amazing. forwarded by last night's pub quiz events, today was so much incredible fun. filming for the first time in nearly three years, i really felt this inspiration that i used to get back in high school. i really felt that i could do this as my life's project, which i haven't not been able to find/feel in a long time. beyond this getting to spend time with the the friends that i have been missing the friends that i have here in hiroshima-ken, that i have been away from while acting as tour guide; i just had so much fun. after their generous assistance with my film project, we had an impromptu hanami (cherry blossom viewing/eating and getting drunk). basically i had a really fun day that jump started me out of my funk. getting drunk and having a fun carefree day, outdoors in the gorgeous weather, is what i goddamnfucking needed. my smile is back in my face.

(the details, for my own lacking in memory benefit: my weekend you ask... was AWESOME! to be honest, last week was one of my worst. i so wanted to go home, like really really badly. then i called home and talked to luke and some other friends while they were out drinking and dancing, then i really wanted to go home. and then... pub quiz night. i had so much fun! i really miss talking to people, friends, acquaintances, people i've met only once, just people. whoever. i had a greatly entertaining conversation with cybill. had a great quiz run with dave, nats and dob (all-be-it unsuccessful; me really only playing the role of motivator). dave crashed at my place. we watched some spaced and passed out around 2. i actually got up a little after nine, and headed to dob's to get my filming done. i had a totally successful day of filming with dob, shannon and later alexis. then, unable to ignore the gorgeous weather, we hanami-ed in the peace park (i guzzled three hai-chu's and half of dob second beer). we pikura'ed, coffeed, and headed home by 9. sunday i met alexis to gym it, then we shopped (bad liz, bad). i of course ended up buying things, a new uniqlo hoody (alexis and i are now twins), the vest that i've wanted forever along with the trendy shoes i've been eyeing. exhausted at 6, after our early dinner at newyork newyork, i was home to watch my buffy by 7. and monday i edited. i forgot how much i love doing that. it's going pretty well, too. still some bugs, but once i get all the footage in the computer i should be set.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back,
I am glad to hear that you are doing well again. Take care, we are thinking about you.