Wednesday, September 27, 2006

short hair is the way for me.

september 26th

i have gone from really short hair to shoulder length locks ever since my eighth grade year in junior high. it took me two tries, but i went from the long curly-ish hair of my childhood to the short spunky pixie cut that i still love now during that fateful last year before high school. since i've embarrassed short hair, i've had at least two friends cut their hair like mine because they liked the way it looked. i've also had other people tell me later, that they only cut their hair short because of the way mine looked. of course, this is quite the ego boost for a nerdy high schooler and an even odder college student, but it has now crossed that line. that line that tells me that i should blatantly ignore anyone (including my dear brother) who tells me i should have long hair. okay yeah, every once in a while i crave those cute braids that i wore every day when my hair was long enough for them, but come on, when a japanese high school girl cuts her hair to look like your short pseudo faux-hawk it's time to admit short hair is the way to go. don't get me wrong, looking at it on her it's a cute cut. but i feel that when this is a repeated occurrence, it's not just about the cut. it might have a little to do with the hair on my head. and to turn the focus away from my glorious, abundant hair (this is an ironic statement now, as my hair is nearly all 10mm long at the moment), and say that this girl has balls. the kind of balls that guys only wish they could have. you rock, haruna.

No comments: