Wednesday, November 01, 2006

i'm more japanese than i thought.

oct. 15, 2006

looking around me i see everyone dressing like i do. and it's not even my attempts to dress japanese that prompt me to say this. if you know my fashion sense at all, you know i like to ear clashing outfits, t-shirts with floral skirts, dresses over pants, and bright colors. so bright colors only reflects a small portion of the japanese population (or much of the osaka population), but the rest of that surrounds me everyday. i don't know if my trip to japan two years ago influenced me more than i thought or i just am in tune with japanese society, from across the ocean, but my fashion is here and it is popular. besides this i ahve noticed that the long winded answer, that i know i give, is something that is repeated here. i ask students, and teachers, 'how was your weekend' and they go in to an account of what they did, not answering, 'it was fine'. i am probably reading too much into this and simply seeking out comfortable simularities, but still, creepy. i think i'm turning japanese, i really think so....

No comments: