Tuesday, August 22, 2006

198 yen



today was a simple day. i decided not to go downtown, but rather to clean my apartment in an attempt to get rid of bugs (i woke up with a bite on my calf). this look about four hours to get to as 'the tick' was doing an excellent job of promoting my procrastination. i tried to burn a cd of photos, for my self intro, to print but the cd was too scratched. i bussed to the co-op. a new supaa (same name as the one i frequented in sapporo) that i hadn't been to. i bought an apple for 198 yen (that's one apple) and some other essentials. it took me forever to find the 'death to bugs' aisle, once i got there i couldn't do it. too many scary chemicals. i'll figure something out letter, maybe after i move. i found the magic moisture absorber, yay! this comes highly recommended from 2nd and 3rd year JETs. apparently you open this strange contraption and it sucks up the moisture in your apato so as to decrease mold growth. something that sounds good to me. i walked to the bus stop and decided i'd risk taking the koyo A danchi instead of the koyo C danchi bus. this was a wise move. A danchi comes way more often and it stops at the bottom of my hill. so i have to walk up instead of being dropped at my door step. yeah big deal. pah. (b-t-w, if i'd known this before i never would have had to take a cab, grr.) murata sensei met with me she's going to give me a ride to the train station tomorrow so i can get to saijo on time. i was planning on staying there the whole week, but i think i'll come back tomorrow so i can get my ticket to osaka then figure out a way to indicate to murata-sensei that i don't need a ride on the other days....(not really supposed to do that as i'm not supposed to stay in the hotel, they'll reimburse me for travel expenses but not for the hotel. mind you the reimbursement would cover the hotel, but that's bureaucracy for you).

No comments: