Wednesday, August 30, 2006

packing...again.

it's seems to be a theme this summer. packing to move out of my apartment. packing to move into elena's. packing to move out of elena's. packing for japan. packing for saijo. packing for osaka. packing to move into my new apartment. packing for mt. fuji. okay wait. go back one. packing for my new apartment. yes i found a place. yes i'm really excited. yes i will actually have an address. yes i will have a 3 ton weight lifted from my shoulders. yes i will stop complaining to my new friends (at least about this). my old place (in pdx) was 4th floor, hardwood floors and on the corner. my new place is 3rd floor (top floor), hardwood (okay, it's linoleum but i can pretend) and tatami, and on the corner. the really exciting part is the location. it's a 2 minute walk from a JR station (that's the japan rail local train) and a great neighborhood for biking. i may--MAY--even be able to bike/walk to school. i was already planning out where to put things after i walked in so i knew it was the place for me, besides the fated apartment number of 303 (my first place was 613, second 103, last 403). friday my coworkers, yamaguchi-sensei and tsukahiro-sensei, will help me move in my fridge, chair, washer and stuff. i'm going to mt. fuji this weekend so i won't be able to organize till next week, but who cares? i can finally settle. i can finally put things on the wall. i can finally make some place scream 'LIZ!' (and yes there is room for a second futon, and i am buying one, so all you japan curious peeps you can come crash at my place).

hear my sigh of relief across the ocean.

No comments: