Friday, August 18, 2006

work doesn't feel that different.

august 17th



for those of you who knew what my job consisted of at portland state you may have some idea of how i spent my work day. i am about to take off. it's about 4:15. i spent the first four hours uploading photos onto flickr--the only site i can access with all the proxy crap. then i made 'the liz quiz!', a time filler if my other part of my self intro doesn't use up the whole period. i don't know if it will be of any use at all but it killed like 3 hours so thats all that matters. tomorrow i'll try to come up for visuals for the rest of my lesson plan. i felt kinda bad about not spending the whole day working till i saw my coworker falling asleep. of course we are in one of the few offices with out air-con, it's a little sweaty up here on the forth floor. so that killed my seven hour day. i had a japanese pear (not asian pear, although its the same thing) for lunch along with a great harvest savana bar (one of my only two). i think i might go to the grocery store on the way home so i have something to eat for dinner. hehe. sounds like some one is giving a death cry out my window, probably just kendo or something. one cool thing about school, at least in the summer, is all the kids practicing for band. they spent nearly the whole day on the balconies playing band instruments. it was pretty cool, but it's still hard to comprehend that nearly all the students come in for full days in the summer. i just don't get it and i kinda pity them. enjoy your goddamn summer. damnit. willamete. but then again the teachers have to come in too, even if its just to sleep...

No comments: